ABOUT 4G DEVICES
Buying a 4G Device is easy!
Already have a Phone?
- You must have a 3G/4G mobile compatible device such as a smartphone, BlackBerry, tablet or dongle and a Digicel SIM to access Digicel 4G Mobile.
- Our 4G network supports any device with the 850MHz frequency band for 3G Network. Any such 3G, 4G, HSPA, HSDPA and HSPA+ capable device can enjoy the fastest download, upload and browsing speeds available on Digicel 4G Mobile.
Change your phone settings for 4G:
Customers must ensure that the device settings are properly set up to connect to 4G Mobile.Here is how to change your phone Network Settings:
- STEP 1 - Device Settings:
· 4G Phones/Smartphones: Adjust your phone network settings in “Network Settings” or “Network Connection” to 3G & 2G, 4G & 2G, GSM/WCDMA or dual mode depending on your phone type.
· BlackBerry Smartphones: Adjust your phone network settings in “Manage Connections” or “Mobile Network Option” to 3G & 2G or 4G & 2G depending on your phone type.
- STEP 2 - Remove and replace the phone battery or power off and on your phone.
- STEP 3 - Once you have successfully connected to 4G Mobile the icon on your home screen should successfully change to 3G+, 4G, H, H+, HSPA+ etc. The icon displayed is dependent on the device model. The icon will change if you are in a 4G coverage area.