Prepaid BlackBerry Service FAQ & Terms and Conditions
- What is the Digicel Prepaid Blackberry service?
- Prepaid customers will now be able to access and use all the functionality of their Blackberry devices (Internet, Email, Blackberry Messenger etc.) for a set time period (depending on the plan selected)!
- You will receive BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) which allows you to stay in touch on the go an office in your hands!
- It is a product offered by “Research in Motion” (RIM). The service allows customers to send and receive email from their devices, browse the Internet, use Blackberry messenger and install and use a wide variety of third party applications.
- BlackBerry service allows you to stay in touch with everything that matters to you while you’re on the go. Email, phone, maps, organizer, applications, games, the Internet and more.
- For further information on Blackberry service please refer to, www.blackberry.com
- Is Prepaid Blackberry service the same as postpaid?
- Same as Postpaid Consumer BIS service, but includes alternatives for signing up – weekly and fortnightly to suit your budget
- Only Prepaid customers can activate this service.
- Prepaid account with adequate credit available.
- GSM Blackberry device
- Blackberry handset models
Blackberry Pearl - 8100, 8110, 8120
Blackberry Kickstart - 8220
Blackberry Curve – 8300, 8310, 8320
Blackberry 8800 series – 8800, 8820, 8830
Blackberry Bold – 9000
Blackberry 8700 series – 8700c, 8700r, 8700g, 8707g, 8705g.
- Which plans are available with the Prepaid Blackberry Service?
- Weekly (7 Day) plan - $499
- Fortnightly (14 Day) plan - $899
- Monthly (1 month) plan – $1599
- Our plans offer variable service periods of 7, 14 and 30 days rather than a fixed one (1) month service period.
- Our service can be activated very quickly through USSD codes rather than calling Customer Care.
- Setup of Blackberry device is quick and easy after plan is activated.
- Dial “*136# SEND” to initiate Prepaid Blackberry activation.
- Select your plan
- Confirm selection of your plan
Customer must remove phone battery and replace it to register device on network after completing activation.
- The customer has access to the Blackberry service while the plan is active.
- As soon as the plan has ended, customer will no longer be able to access Email, BB messenger and Internet.
- Customer will be charged 25c per KB to access internet from their mobile device when their plan has ended.
- Customer will access the Menu in their phone
- Go to ‘Options’, (Wrench shaped icon)
- Go to ‘Advanced Options’
- Go to ‘Host Routing Table’ , press the options button and choose ‘REGISTER NOW’
The device will now automatically register on the network. Customer will receive a message from ‘Blackberry Registration’ stating “Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network”
- How do Customers setup Email on their Blackberry?
- Shortly after a plan is activated and the Blackberry restarted/registered, the browser will automatically load an email set-up webpage (as seen below).
If webpage does not automatically load, user may select Email settings icon from phone.
Email setup from phone
Browser loading screen
Step 1. Select ‘Create New Account’
Step 2. Carefully read legal agreement and Select ‘Yes’ option and then ‘I agree’
Step 3. Create unique username and password
Step 4: Select email account. Customers can add/remove/edit email accounts
Step 5: “ Add Email account”
Step 6: Enter Email account information
- If the webpage does not automatically load, customers may go to http://digicel.blackberry.com from their computer.
Email setup from http://digicel.blackberry.com site
Access site and select “Create New Account”
Carefully read legal disclaimer and select ‘I agree’ if in agreement
Enter PIN and IMEI and select Continue
N.B. Customers will need their PIN and IMEI to set-up the service.
IMEI can be found by entering *#06# on handset
PIN can be found by selecting the Options icon (Wrench shaped icon) in Menu and then selecting ‘Status’
Create unique username and password
Select email account. Customers can add/remove/edit email accounts.
- I already have an account with another carrier/network. Will I be able to get Digicel Prepaid Blackberry Service?
- You should request that the account for the device be removed by the other network/carrier.
- You will need to contact carrier/network with appropriate verification/credentials for account to be removed on device.
- N.B. If the you have an unlocked Blackberry device from another provider with an email account already setup on that network, you may not be able to set up a new email account on Digicel’s Prepaid Blackberry service. As such, you may not be able to receive your email directly on the Blackberry device (i.e. your email may not be accessible from the Message icon). You will be able to receive email by using the Internet Browser to directly access the website of the respective Email Service Providers (e.g. browsing for Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo). Also, all other Blackberry Services will be provided.
- How many Email accounts can I setup with my Blackberry device?
- You can have up to Ten (10) separate Email accounts on your Blackberry device.
- N.B. This includes your device email address @digicel.blackberry.com
- Can customers renew their prepaid Blackberry plan?
- One (1) day before the plan expires, an SMS is sent to customer reminding them that their plan will soon expire and also how to renew it.
Customer will enter *136*1*Plan_code#
- How do I renew and select another plan?
- One (1) day before plan expiry customers will receive a text message noting how to renew and change plan if desired.
Steps to Renew and Select another Plan.
Step 1: Message will state “Your subscription to plan <PLAN_NAME> will expire on <DATE_TIMESTAMP>. To extend subscription dial *136*1*PLAN_CODE#, to change subscription dial *136*2*PLAN_CODE#.
After Customer has entered *136*2*PLAN_CODE# they will receive instructions on how to change their plan.
Step 2: “To change your plan from x day to x day at a cost of $x dial *136*OLD_PLAN_CODE*NEW_PLAN_CODE#. To change to x day at a cost of $x, dial *136* OLD_PLAN_CODE*NEW_PLAN_CODE #”
EXAMPLE: Customer John has a Prepaid BlackBerry plan active so the message will read “To change your plan from 7 day to 14 day at a cost of 200.00JMD dial *136*10*20# “
Step 3: Message received before current plan expires.
Plan Prepaid BlackBerry x will be activated after your Prepaid BlackBerry x plan expires on <TIME_STAMP>
Step 4: Message received after current plan expires.
“Your plan Prepaid BlackBerry x was successfully changed to plan Prepaid BlackBerry x”
N.B. After a plan has expired a Customer has a grace period of 30 days to renew their plan by entering a USSD code *136*1*Plan_code#
- Once the grace period has finished however, a customer will need to re-start activation by entering *136#.
- DigiPics & tones is a premium service that is NOT included in the Prepaid Blackberry offering.
- Browsing of the Digicel live site is not included in the Prepaid BlackBerry service.
Browsing the Digicel Live site is charged at 25 cents per Kilobyte.
N.B. If Customer has accessed Digicel Live using their browser and wishes to browse other websites without being charged. Customer should close and re-open browser as seen below.
- If I am roaming will I be charged to use data services on my Blackberry?
- When roaming, data charges will be rated at the ROAMING DATA RATE
N.B. Customer will only enjoy the full benefits of the Prepaid Blackberry Service while in Jamaica.
- Where can customers purchase Blackberry Devices?
- Customers may purchase Blackberry handsets at any our Digicentres and selected Dealer stores.
/ul span style=tr style= height=td style=
|Dealer Name||Outlet Name||Street||Town||Parish|
|Anbell Agencies||Digicentre||51 Knutsford Boulevard||Kingston 5||Kingston|
|Caricom Importers & Distributors Ltd/Global Cellular||Digicentre||4B Half Way Tree Road||Cross Roads||Kingston|
|Celli-Shac||Digicentre||1a Manor Park Plaza||Manor Park||St. Andrew|
|Celli-Shac||Digicentre||Kiosk, Losushan Shopping Centre||Barbican Centre||Kingston|
|Cellular Jamaica Ltd.||Digicentre||Shop #29 LOJ Shopping Centre||Spanish Town||St. Catherine|
|Comtech Limited||Digicentre||Unit 11, Centre Point Plaza,Union Street||Montego Bay||St. James|
|Comtech Limited||Digicentre||Shop #27 Port Henderson Plaza||Portmore||St. Catherine|
|DIGIORDER Jamaica Limited||Browns Town||20 Main Street||Browns Town||St. Ann|
|DIGIORDER Jamaica Limited||Digicentre||70 Main Street||Ocho Rios||St. Ann|
|Fimi Wireless||Digicentre||Cnr Church & St. James Streets||Montego Bay||St. James|
|Fimi Wireless||Digicentre||Shop 4, Caledonia Road||Mandeville||Manchester|
|Jamcel Ltd||Digicentre||Shop #15, 48 King Street||Linstead||St. Catherine|
|Matate Holdings Ltd. (formerly Victory Communication)||Digicentre||Shop #13-15 Tropical Plaza, Constant Spring Road||Kingston 10||Kingston|
|Matate Holdings Ltd. (formerly Victory Communication)||Digicentre||Shop #46 Sovereign Centre||Kingston 10||Kingston|
|Matate Holdings Ltd. (formerly Victory Communication)||Digicentre||HWT Bus Terminal||Kingston 10||Kingston|
|Max Cellular||Digicentre||Norman Manley International Airport||Kingston||St. Andrew|
|Norton Telecommunications||Digicentre||Shop 5 May Pen Plaza, 29 Main Street||May Pen||Clarendon|
|R.A.P. Communications||Digicentre||1 Harbour Street||Port Antonio||Portland|
|U2Connect Communications||Digicentre||127 Great Georges Street||Savannah-La-Mar||Westmoreland|
|Ace Wireless||Old Harbour||4C Darlington Drive||Old Harbour||St. Catherine|
|Anbell Agencies||Morant Bay||7 Church Street||Morant Bay||St. Thomas|
|Cellnet||Mannings Hills Road||Shop # 3, 40a Mannings Hill Road,||Kingston 19||Kingston 19|
|Courts Ja. Limited||Slipe Road||79-81a Slipe Road||Cross Roads||Kingston|
|Courts Ja. Limited||Constant Spring Road||29c Constant Spring Road,||Kingston 10||Kingston|
|Courts Ja. Limited||King Street||70b King Street||Down Town||Kingston|
|Courts Ja. Limited||Portmore Parkway||Lot 15 Portmore Parkway,||Portmore||St. Catherine|
|Courts Ja. Limited||May Pen||50 Main Street,||May Pen||Clarendon|
|Courts Ja. Limited||Montego Bay||11-13 Barnett Street||Montego Bay||St. James|
|Courts Ja. Limited||Washingston Boulevard||Boulevard Shopping Centre, 45 Elma Crescent||Boulevard||Kingston 20|
|Foundation Imports||White House||Shop # 7 Lawrence Plaza||White House||Westmoreland|
|Foundation Imports||Negril||Coral Seas Plaza||Negril||Westmoreland|
|Kinkead||Junction||Danny Royes Plaza||Junction||St. Elizabeth|
|Matate||UWI, Mona||UWI Book Store - Mona Campus||Kingston 7||Kingston 7|
|Microbeeps||Falmouth||36 Market Street||Falmouth||Trelawny|
|Quality Cellular||Quality Cellular||Annotto Bay||Shop #3 UB Plaza, Main Street,||St. Mary|
|Rap Communication||Highgate||Triple P Plaza, Main Street||Highgate||St. Mary|
|RBBC||RBCC||Shop #2,FH Towncentre||Runaway Bay||St. Ann|
|Source||Mountain View||173 Mountain View Avenue||Kingston 6||Kingston|
|U2Connect Communications||Port Maria||Hi-Lo Food Stores, 5-7 Stennett Street||Port Maria||St. Mary|
|U2Connect Communications||Santa Cruz||Shop #8 Valley P Plaza, Main Street||Santa Cruz||S. Elizabeth|
|U2Connect Communications||Frankfield||Main Street||Frankfield||Clarendon|
|U2Connect Communications||Christiana||Main Street||Christiana||Manchester|
|Ugs Better Buy||Lucea||1 Miller Drive||Lucea||Hanover|
|Zee Wireless||Black River||Shop #1&2, Main Street||Black River||St. Elizabeth|
Blackberry Prepaid – Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions shall govern the relationship between Digicel (Jamaica) Limited (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” and “the Company”) and the user (hereinafter referred to as “you”, “your” “the Customer”) of the Blackberry Prepaid Service (hereinafter referred to as “Service(s)”, “Digicel Mobile Service”) and shall constitute legal and binding obligations on the parties once you have made or received your first call from your prepaid phone. Where applicable your registration form shall form part of these terms and conditions. These Terms & Conditions annul all prior understandings between you and us. By using Services, you have agreed to these Terms & Conditions. We reserve the right to amend or unilaterally change any of Digicel Mobile Service products and/or Digicel Mobile Service services and/or the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement subject to notifying you of such amendments. Such notification may be by way of advertisement in the national media, SMS text messaging and/or our website. If the Service is used after notice of amendment, then it shall be deemed accepted. This agreement is governed by the Laws of Jamaica.
2. Maintenance of Existing Terms & Conditions
You agree to continue to observe and abide by the Standard digiFLEX and digiSELECT terms and conditions of service established at the activation of prepaid and postpaid mobile service. For the avoidance of doubt, these Terms andConditions are in addition to any other terms and conditions of use of any of the Company’s other services.
3. Service Charges
The Company’s tariffs for the Service, as amended from time to time, also form part of the Agreement. We reserve the right to alter such tariffs and will notify the Customer of such a change by notice in writing via advertisement in the national media, SMS text messaging and/or via our website. All tariffs are exclusive of GCT.
4. Service Description
The Company shall provide the Prepaid Blackberry Service as described in Schedule 1.
5. Service Period
The service period is either:
a. Weekly (7 days) counted from the time of day that the Customer is activated (for instance, if the Service is activated at 9:00 am the Service will be deactivated at 8:59 am 7 days later).
b. Bi-Weekly (14 days) counted from the time of day that the Customer is activated as per (a) above.
c. Monthly (30 days) counted from the time of day that the Customer is activated as per (a) above.
Digicel’s Data Roaming rates, as amended from time to time, will apply when the Customer is roaming. The tariffs for this Service only apply to usage in Jamaica.
The payment for the Service will be deducted from the Customer’s account balance when the Customer subscribes to the Service. If there is an insufficient balance on the account the Service will not be activated.
8. Customer Obligations
You consent to and agree to:
a. abide by all the terms and conditions of use of the Service as outlined herein;
b. comply with laws and regulations governing this network and service;
c. utilize the Service for personal use only and not for commercial and/or business purposes;
d. immediately report and confirm in writing, loss, theft, damage of handset and/or SIM Card preventing your use of the Service;
e. comply with all reasonable requests by us, or others on our behalf, particularly in relation to the investigation of fraud or other offences or as required by law or in legal proceedings. Should the Company deem it necessary to enforce its rights hereunder in any legal action you will reimburse the Company for all costs and expenses including reasonable attorney’s fees as a result of such legal action.
9. Suspension & Termination
This Agreement may be suspended and/or terminated without the need for prior written or verbal communication:
a. if any information supplied by you is found to be false or misleading;
b. if you do not comply with and/or breach any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement;
c. if we have any reasonable cause to believe that you are abusing the service or are unable to pay for Service;
d. if you notify us that your handset has been lost or stolen;
e. if we have reasonable cause to believe that Service was obtained fraudulently or fraudulent or improper use of your handset or SIM card is taking place against us or a third party;
f. if you commit a trespass on the Network or any equipment owned by the Company
g. if you conspire to defraud the Company
h. if, in the sole opinion of the Company, you should do anything which could be or is detrimental to the operation of the Network or the Company
i. if Services rendered to you in the sole opinion of the Company may cause the Operation of the Network to be jeopardized or impaired, or allow others to do any of the foregoing with your equipment or any act that does not comply with relevant legislation and regulation;
j. if we are unable to provide Service to you;
k. if you do anything which in the opinion of the Company is intended to result in the evasion or avoidance of the Company’s charges or defraud the Company;
l. if you do anything which is intended to, or results in or likely to bypass the Service;
10. Customer Information
Digicel will send you information from time to time that is deemed relevant to you. If you do not wish to receive this information you may notify Digicel in writing.
If any part of this Agreement shall be deemed invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality or enforceability of the remainder of this Agreement shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
- The Blackberry Prepaid Service gives Customers unlimited access during the Service Period to the Blackberry Internet Service which allows the Customer access to personal email accounts (maximum of 10) and internet/web browsing.
- The Blackberry Prepaid Service does not include premium WAP browsing (Digicel Live), the provision of voice services, SMS text messaging or roaming.
- The Blackberry software also includes the following features:
- Media Player
- Applications and more
- You must own or purchase a Blackberry handset or a Blackberry compatible handset and a Digicel SIM card prior to applying for the Service.
- There are three (3) types of plans available under this Service:
Type of Plan
Length of Plan
- The Customer must ensure that they have sufficient credit on their account before accessing the Service and Customers should note that GCT will be charged at the point of purchasing credit.
- The Customer understands that the Service is subject to the Blackberry Network which Digicel has no control over and as such:
- If the customer has a Blackberry device that is locked to another network, Digicel will be unable to provide Prepaid Blackberry service to that customer.
- If the customer has an unlocked Blackberry device from another provider with an email account already setup on that network, the customer will not be able to set up a new email account on Digicel’s Prepaid Blackberry service. As such, the customer may not be able to receive his or her email directly on the Blackberry device (i.e. his or her email may not be accessible from the Message icon). The customer will be able to receive email by using the Internet Browser to directly access the website of the respective Email Service Providers (e.g. browsing for Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo). All other Blackberry Services will be provided.
- In the event that the Blackberry Network fees are increased, Digicel reserves the right to increase the cost of the Service, however Digicel will notify the Customer beforehand, such notification may be by way of advertisement in the national media, SMS text messaging and/or our website.
- The Customer understands that the Service is subject to the Blackberry Network being operational and the Customer will not hold Digicel liable in any way for the lack of Service due to the Blackberry Network being out of commission for whatever reason.
272#8221;) of the Blackberry Prepaid Service (hereinafter referred to as nbsp;/span