International Calling Cards
1. What are Digicel International calling cards?
· This is a scratch (plastic) Calling card that persons overseas can purchase to call friends and family back in the Caribbean for a reduced rate.
2. How does the Digicel International Calling card work?
· Customer purchases the calling card from a neighbourhood store (for example).
· Customer scratches the back of the card to reveal the PIN number.
3. Where can Customers call with the Digicel International Calling Card?
· Customers can call anywhere in the world with the Digicel International Calling Card.
4. Are there any surcharges or fees associated with the use of Digicel International Calling card?
· Local or Regional charges will apply for the call to the local access number.
· Calls to the toll free access number will be billed at a US$0.04 higher rate.
· Calls from a payphone attract a US$0.99 fee per call.
· Calls are rounded to the nearest minute, rates are rounded to the nearest cent.
N.B. Customer should read back of Calling card carefully for all details of their use.
6. How does a Customer check the remaining balance on their Digicel International Calling Card?
· Customers will hear their remaining balance before every call.
7. If a customer has any issue with a scratched off card/disputed charges/poor audio quality on a call etc., how can we assist?
· Customer will need to contact Telecom Worldwide solutions (Calling card manufacturer) customer care 1- 800-940-0558
N.B. All issues relating to the Calling Card will be handled by Telecom Worldwide solutions customer care.
8. If a Digicel Jamaica customer is roaming and calls Jamaica using a Digicel International Calling card how are they charged?
Customer is charged in two (2) ways.
A. Customer is charged for the roaming call to the local access number (which is a USA number)
B. Customer’s calling card credit is also used for the call to Jamaica.
N.B. Customer is charged for Roaming as usual.
8. If a Digicel Jamaica customer is in Jamaica and uses the Digicel International Calling card to call another Digicel Jamaica number, how are they charged?
Customer is charged in two (2) ways.
I. Customer is charged for the overseas call to the Access number (which is a USA number)
II. Customer’s calling card credit is used for the call to the other Digicel Jamaica number.
9. What is the Target market for the Digicel Int’l Calling card?
· Friends and Family living overseas who need an affordable, easy way to call home.
10. Where can Customers purchase the Digicel Int’l Calling card?
· Calling Cards will be available initially only in New York and Florida.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE DIGICEL INTERNATIONAL CALLING CARD
1. The International Calling Card (‘ICC’) is available to everyone.
2. ICC can be purchased from specific locations in NYC and FLORIDA.
4. Customer, once he has purchased the ICC and in order to start using the ICC will have to scratch the back of the card. The back of the card, once scratched should reveal to the Customer, a PIN number.
5. Customer will also readily find local access numbers, on the back of the card.
6. Customer will chose the local access number which Customer is to use, based on the area which is closest to the area in which the Customer is located.
7. Customer will be asked, once he has entered the access number to enter the PIN number, found on the back of the card.
8. Local and regional charges will apply for a call to the local access number.
9. Calls to the toll free access number will be billed at US$0.04.
10. Calls from a payphone attract a US$0.99 fee per call.
11. Calls are rounded to the nearest minute and rates will be rounded to the nearest cent.
12. All issues relating to the ICC will be handed by Telecom Worldwide Solutions’ Customer Care department. They can be reached at 1-800-940-0558.
13. If a Digicel Customer is roaming and Digicel Customer wishes to call Jamaica, using an ICC, the Digicel Customer will be charged TWICE. Customer will be charged roaming charges for the call which Digicel Customer makes to the access number; and will use up minutes on the ICC for the call made to Jamaica from overseas.
14. If a Digicel Customer is in Jamaica and uses the ICC to call another Digicel Jamaica Customer, Digicel Customer calling will be charged twice. Digicel Customer will be charged for the overseas call to the access number – which is a USA number; and Digicel Customer’s ICC will also be charged for the call.
quot;Times New Romanspan style=quot;; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;span style=